Thursday, January 29, 2009

What was I thinking?

So, after editing my winter photos from this afternoon, I got this dumb idea that I would like to try taking some shots of our street at night. Of course, the minute this idea comes into my head I just have to do it.

Picture this scene...

It's 12:30am, it's -10 Celsius and you see your crazy neighbour outside without a coat taking pictures of a street! I am sure my neighbours think I am a few bulbs short of a chandelier but that's ok. I got a pretty cool shot! Not bad for being hand held, as I was too lazy to dig out my tripod.



Ok, so I could have done without the goofy angle but I was starting to shiver and I was trying desperately to hold the camera still. Next time, not only will I use a tripod, but I will also put my coat on... and maybe my hat and mitts!!

7 comments:

Bling - our elf on the shelf said...

*lol*
But your right, the shut turned out great :)

Petra said...

wow this is one stunning photo! I love it and it's perfect...oh and that crazy neighbour could've been me! LOL

Erika said...

Great photo! I think the angel adds interest to it.

Jennifer said...

This is awesome, Shannon! Love it. What a great idea.

Paint the Moon Photography said...

Love it!! LOL! I do totally crazy photo opportunities like that too. In fact, last time it snowed here I could have been glimpsed outside in my jammies and slippers catching a quick photo. :)

I like the angel too ... it gives it some energy!

Amy Lightfoot said...

I did some at night after a huge snow fall too. You don't realize just how "yellow" the street lamps are until you see what the camera picks up on a low shutter speed.
Its a neat effect! Next time dimwhit wear your coat :P

Ellay said...

LOL!! That's funny! Great shot, though!!!