Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Living in a Deep Freeze

Living here in Southwestern Ontario, we don't get temperatures of -17 very often. Unfortunately, that was the temperature this morning when I was to walk Emma to school. I am the type of person who hates the cold so there was no way I was going to bundle up both kids and drag them to school in that cold. Natalia is an extremely slow walker and no matter what you do she will not speed up. So, I drove Emma to school. A little crazy given the short distance that I live from the school but well worth it to me. My photo for today is this one. This was the temperature at about 10:00 this morning. Slowly warming up!



I also have to post this next photo. Jen and I were talking yesterday and she was curious as to whether or not I was one of those crazy people who puts ketchup on their Kraft Dinner. Well, Until about a month ago, I was strictly a salt and pepper on my mac and cheese girl, now I'm kinda getting to like the ketchup. Plus it cools it down faster for the kids. And to think, I used to think that was the grossest thing ever!



When Natalia and I went to pick Emma up from school I took my point and shoot camera with me. I managed to capture this shot of Natalia. I love the snowflakes on her eyelashes.



And last but not least is Emma flashing a little attitude for the camera.



Wish me luck with the weather tomorrow. They are calling for a whopping high of -12 again. BRRRRR!

6 comments:

Erika said...

Brr.. you've really got winter there! Fun idea to capture the scale. And your daughters are just adorable, so sweet pictures of them!

Kirsten said...

Ick to the cold!! I don't blame you for driving. Love the snow pics. Too cute!

goodtexan said...

Aw, that IS cold there... I like to look at winter wonderlands but that's about it.... fantastic shots of your daughter! TFS!

Jennifer said...

These are great although picture #2 makes me physically ill lol.

Love the picture of the thermometer. Last week when Ava and I went to WalMart I was really wishing we had a digital thermostat inside the car but no such luck as we don't have one. Then I tried to get a picture of the sign in Fergus but my timing was off. I wanted the Celsius side and the combination of keeping up with traffic, timing it right and armed with my crappy cell phone camera made for a disaster.

Girl Gone said...

I totally would have driven them as well. My "outside time" this week consists of hopping in and out of the car and wishing that I had an automatic starter. :)

And ketchup on mac and cheese is gross. Ketchup in general is gross!

Rory said...

You show us very pretty pics...like the "Kraft-Dinner".