Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Project 365

Ok, so I think Jen has talked me into doing this project 365. For this project I am to take at least one photo a day for the next 365 days. I am pretty sure I will fail miserably but it should be fun while it lasts.

So far, I have completed 3 days and here are some of the results.

Day 1. The gift of the year!

I think that Rock Band has been playing on our wii constantly since Christmas morning. Gerben and Emma are the in house drummers while Jess and I tend to stick to the guitar. Natalia is the singer. She is so cute belting out the words to "Eye of the Tiger"



Day 2. Sunday Breakfast!

For several months now Gerben has made a tradition of Sunday Breakfast. I get the lucky priviledge of sleeping in while Gerben creates our breakfast spread of boiled eggs, yogurt, different breads and spreads and some fruit. It usually a very lazy, slow meal for us and the kids really look forward to it. It is now an expectation in our house. Each Sunday, when Natalia feels she is done her part of breakfast she tours over to Daddy's lap and helps him finish his food. She loves to boss him around and tell him exactly what to eat. This way she also gets just what she wants.



Day 3. Oh no! Not another Roast!

I have made it a mission in my life to finally cook a roast and have it turn out. Well, this is attempt 3. The first two turned into rock hard bricks of meat. I made one in the oven and one in the crockpot. And incase you are wondering, there was tons of water in the crockpot when I turned it into a brick.

This time I used a pork shoulder and a recipe from Mariska. Well, I can finally say that I have had a roast turn out moist and juicy. So juicy, in fact, that I could barely scoop it out of the crockpot. It completely fell apart. I was a little paranoid that it would dry out because it called for 10 hours on low in the crockpot and yet by 11.30am it was already 160 degrees inside! Needless to say, I basted the heck out of it every hour or so until 6:00 and it didn't dry out. It was moist and delicious. Finally, a success.




1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the roast! Great pictures.