Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2 Photos for Today

So I went slightly over-board again today. This time I choose 3 photos and it's only 2:00. I am pretty sure that the photo of Emma and Jess will be the one for my project.

Jessica came to visit us on December 26th and today was her day to head home. Emma always has a tough time when her beloved Aunt Jess leaves so naturally this had to be a photo opportunity. Seeing as Jess' plane left early, Emma roped her into walking her to school in the morning. I took this picture just after they walked out the door.



The other picture is one that I have been dying to take for a few weeks. On December 27th Gerben and I headed to Ikea to buy new furniture for our bedroom. I was so excited. We had originally ordered a King mattress and entire bedroom set from the Brick but after they messed around with our order for about the 4th time we got mad and cancelled it all but the mattress. The mattress was due to arrive on the Monday so we needed to get some furniture quick. If you want quick furniture, Ikea is about your only choice. In the end we instantly agreeded on a set and bought it. I like it 100% more than the one at the Brick so I am thrilled. The only downfall is that the bed is so high I feel like I need a stool to get in it.


6 comments:

Michelle said...

Your room is so nice and clean. Great photos.

Kirsten said...

great pictures! pretty room too!

Chreamps said...

What a great keepsake of your daughter and her aunt! Nice, happy faces.

Love your bedroom (I love red) and bedroom furniture looks wonderful!

Decomom said...

So funny that you are having a hard time only picking one photo a day! Great pics - I love Ikea!

Sheri said...

Great pics Shannon! I too am having a hard time just picking one picture :) I love the new bedroom furniture! Ikea is awesome! I really need to go there soon.

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

Adorable photo of your daughter and your room is absolutely GORGEOUS!