Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Natalia!

Happy Birthday Natalia! Wow, 3 years already! Time sure flies.

Although, if you ask Natalia, she is not 3 years old, she is 20! She is very determined about this. She is 20 like Sophie, from Mamma Mia! Too cute. She is an Abba addict these days.

We have her Birthday party planned for tomorrow, so today it was just some fun family time.

Here is a few photo highlights for the day. Natalia's big present for the day from us was a Barbie Castle. She was so excited. We hid it behind our curtains in the livingroom and asked her to open them this morning. When she did she said, "It's my castle!" It almost sounded like she expected it.

In the morning, after checking out the castle, Natalia opened her gifts and then we headed to her swimming lesson. She is such a little fish in the water. Gerben normally takes her but I did today. She LOVES it. So different from the timid was that Emma was in the water. After swimming we came home and Ava called to wish Natalia a Happy Birthday. It was so cute. I don't think either of them said a great deal but it was cute none-the-less. Natalia just kept listening intently into the phone.

Emma and I went and picked up Natalia's cake at the bakery in the afternoon. As you can see, it should have been this really cute Barbie cake but I think the baker left it out of the fridge too long because by the time I got it home her ASS was hanging out the back and the icing was beginning to slide down her chest! I was mad. I felt like I should send pictures of it to Cake Wrecks! If you don't know what Cake Wrecks is, it's a blog of cakes made by, supposedly professional, decorators but they have gone really wrong. Needless to say I took the cake back to the baker and she fixed it up but by the time I got it home it was falling apart again. The picture of the cake below was taken after it was fixed. I should have take a before but I was on a time crunch. When it started to fall apart for the second time, we gave up and decided that by tomorrow it was going to be a worse mess so we "attempted" to eat it. It was pretty nasty! Every cake I have had from this lady has been great but this one was horrible. I think Emma ate the cake and not the icing. Natalia ate the icing and not the cake and I couldn't hardly gag down any of mine. It seemed to be almost under cooked. It is super, super heavy and dense. I don't know, but now I am making cupcakes for tomorrow.

For supper we went to Boston Pizza and had them sing for Natalia. She loved it. It was a great end to her special day.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. She is so excited to see, "My Friend Ava!" as she calls her.





2 comments:

Jennifer said...

These are fantastic, Shannon! Love the headless Barbie one lol.

Sheri said...

Happy Birthday Natalia!!