Friday, January 16, 2009

Something to remember

So, my photo today is a way to remember the way things are currently. All too quickly, you forget what you child learned and when.

For those who don't know our situation, Emma is classified as gifted. She was identified as gifted in junior kindergarten and was skipped straight into grade one. Emma continues to be very advanced amongst other grade one kids and therefore is often given more challenging work. Emma recently was given her own "bonus" spelling words each week. They are at a grade two level. I wanted to remember these types of thing and so I decided to take a photo of her spelling list in her agenda. The words on the left are the regular spelling words for the week in her class. On the right, are Emma's "bonus" words. So far, so good. She is having no trouble at all with them. We do have to help her practise a bit just to make sure but it's really not a problem for her. Here's the photo.



The last thing that I want to share with you tonight is my layout for week 2 of Project 365.

Page 1


Page 2


Template by moriginals
Kits used are Life 365 from Weeds and Wildflowers and Lizzie May by Chrissy W. at Elemental Scraps.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful! Great picture and the layouts are fabulous.

Sheri said...

What a great idea for a picture! I love the layout! Are you going to stick with doing 2 pages a week? I haven't yet decided...it'll make for a lot of pages in the end :)

Karen E. said...

Thanks for sharing Shannon. This aunt sure hopes that you don't give up on the 365 mission! Glad to hear that Emma is still being given work that challenges her, and that she is enjoying it.

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

I love your photo and your layouts are amazing> I am getting so behind on the layouts already.

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

Awww how awesome, I know you will cherish that photo for years to come! Your layouts are beautiful!