Friday, January 30, 2009

A new day means new photos

I have had such a nice day today. It started out with my girls playing like angels together. Emma and Natalia both dressed up as princesses and Emma was nice enough to Natalia's hair for her as well. There was no fighting just peaceful playtime. It was such a sweet moment to watch.





I admit these are not the crispest shots but they had to be snapped quickly before the moment passed.

Next up for me was a trip to the dentist. This is one thing I was NOT looking forward to. I think the last time I was there was mid 2006. Ouch! Too long and I knew they would be digging and scrapping forever. Much to my surprise, my teeth were not too bad. Both the dentist and hygienist were surprised. I have one cavity but I knew I had it. I had it in 2006 and never had it filled then so I am super surprised that there wasn't more. I didn't feel right taking a photo in the dentists office so instead I took a pic of the free goodies that I left with.



While I was at the dentist the girls spent the day with Daddy at work. It is so nice to have some quiet time to myself. It just doesn't happen often enough. I decided to take my time getting home and just enjoy the silence. As I pulled onto my street I noticed this...



Today was garbage and recycling day. For those who don't know, recycling is part of garbage pick up every week here in Ontario. Every house has a blue box to put their recycling into. I was so proud to see that each and every house on our street had a blue box on the street today. I hate seeing people with 4 bags of garbage and no recycling. You can't tell me that there is no products to be recycled in all of those bags.

Last but not least, I'm curious, do you think this is a sign of my kids having too much stuff? It's beginning to drive me CRAZY!! She cannot keep it clean for more than 2 hours. I swear!





I know what I need to help with this. I need some "Mary Poppins Magic." Just snap my fingers and the mess cleans itself up!

Oh wait, I almost forgot...I have my week 4 layout finished up. Here it is

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Great photos and fantastic layout

Karen I said...

Cute photos!

I hear you on the time for yourself. It's such a wonderful thing but I don't get enough of it either.

Jennifer said...

Fabulous pictures. Love the dress up pictures! Ava just came up beside me and said "that's Emma's room!" :)

I can identify with the mess. Look at our living room. The only time it's clean is while the kids are asleep. :(

Ellay said...

I just love your blog. Great photos again today...the "princesses" are just beautiful. And how great that you have recycling pick up. We used to have it here, but no more. I don't exactly live in the "greenest" town...

Paint the Moon Photography said...

What sweet moments captured between your precious girls!

I totally relate to the perpetual mess being made. I swear all I do all day is follow my little tornado around picking stuff up ... doesn't help that I'm a perfectionist about things being in their right spot. I can't imagine having two "tornados!" LOL!

Love the comments about recycling too ... so wonderful when we see others trying to help take care of our earth too!!

Have a fabulous weekend!