Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Croc Hunter

I have this awesome pair of crocs with the fuzzy liner in them. I absolutely LOVE them. They always keep my feet nice and warm and my feet are often cold. Well, lately I have the worst habit of leaving them all over the house. When my feet finally get warm I kick them off. It doesn't matter where, so honestly, I am constantly losing them. Natalia has become my "Croc Hunter." When I can't find them or I am too lazy to go upstairs and get them I send the Croc Hunter. Natalia loves doing this for me and of course I have to play on it!!




Next up for the day, Natalia and I made cupcakes. They turned out terrible! I think the batter was old. But, at least we had some fun time together. I had to laugh when Natalia took a page from Ava's book. As soon as she saw the beaters she covered her ears. I was just waiting for her to climb under the chair next!! Unfortunately she didn't. I was hoping. It would have made a great photo.



Now, I have a confession to make... I'm a beater licker! I LOVE to indulge myself with this little treat while I bake. I know I probably shouldn't, given that there is raw egg in it, but it's Oh so Yummy! How can I resist? And besides, I've made it almost 32 years and haven't gotten sick from it yet.



I also had to take some pictures of the weather today. I couldn't believe how much snow fell here. Poor Natalia had a brutal time walking to school, the fresh snow was about 6 inches deep. Here's some shots from our front door this afternoon.



4 comments:

Sheri said...

First I want to say thanks for the advice about the water heater. We rent through the same company you do. We will of course be looking into it more. The guy just gave a rough estimate based on how long he thought the pipe was. Jason measured and it's about 25 feet. How long was yours?

I also have to say, great pics today! I love the outdoor shots! Turned out a lot better than mine :) What settings did you take them at? Your outdoor winter pics always look so bright. Mine were probably just taken too late in the day, but maybe there is something else I could be doing to improve them. I have lots to learn and hopefully by doing this project I will get better. I have the same lens you just got, the Simga 17-70 and I have a Canon Rebel.

Amy Lightfoot said...

That is one Cute Croc Hunter :)

Ellay said...

Gorgeous photos! Beautiful snow and beautiful little girl!!! TFS

Erika said...

So cute picture of Natalia holding her ears for the batter! Sorry the cupcakes didn't turn out good. All your photos are great!