Monday, January 12, 2009

What a long, long day!

Natalia's birthday is this week and she is turning 3. She is totally obsessed with "birfday" parties lately that we decided to have one for her on Sunday. After deciding on this, the next thing I know Gerben is all finally finishing the painting on our main floor. Let me tell you, this is no small project. It started out on Saturday with a trip to



(Please ignore the terrible quality photo. I was attempting to use my canon point and shoot camera. YUCK!)

At Lowes we picked up new interior doors and all the hardware to go with them. We currently have the icky, yucky brown slab doors. Once we got home, Gerben got started on the destruction and preparation.

Sunday started bright and early with our traditional Sunday breakfast and then it was off to the grocery store and Home Depot for me.



Once I got home, the fun began for me. I got to paint, and paint and paint and paint for the next 13 or so hours.



Around 6:00 or so, Gerben had to head into work to reboot the server. Of course these things never turn out as expected. He took the girls with him, to get them out of my hair but there was problems. The quick 1 hour round trip turned into about 2+ hours. I was waiting at home for the call to put the pizza in the oven. This is when that happened



As you can tell, I didn't begin to make supper until after Natalia's usual bedtime of about 7:30 and the girls still both needed a bath and were not home yet. By the time we got dinner finished and the girls bathed and into bed it was this time



Only after that did I crack open the can of primer and begin to paint. Bedtime came late for us. Very, very late. This late in fact...



Trust me when I say, morning came too soon. By this time, I was out of bed, showered, dressed and making Emma's lunch!



Can I go back to bed now?

2 comments:

Amy Lightfoot said...

Hey you!
Check out my Blog, I finally started the project 365! And I made my very first Topper to the blog! Scrapbook style!

Karen E. said...

Oh, Shannon. I am tired and I didn't do any of the work, just read what you did, until the wee hours of the morning! Yes, you may have a nap...after supper!