Tuesday, January 13, 2009

All grown up!

With all the painting and renovations going on around my house these days, I have taken to doing some editing of our stuff. In the top of a closet I found my old diaper bag and figured it was time to retire it to the baby bins in the basement. First I had to empty it and this is what I found...



It's such a harsh reminder that my baby's are not longer baby's. They are growing up. We don't need or use these items anymore. Emma is official in school and Natalia is turning 3 on Saturday.



Where has the time gone. I know I keep saying that but it's true. Kids grow up too fast. It was tough enough to look at these things and know that I don't need them anymore. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I finally give up our crib. By the time Emma was done with these things we were ready to pass them on to Natalia but seeing as we probably won't have anymore kids it's a bit sad to part with stuff like this. It's like being forced to close a door to the past.

My last photo for today is of Emma, my big baby. The kids decided to play outside after school today so I took the chance to snap one quick pick of Emma enjoying the weather. Over the next few days the temperature is supposed to drop to about -16 Celsius on Thursday so I don't think the kids will be able to spend much time outside then. They might as well, enjoy it while they can.

No comments: