Thursday, January 29, 2009

I am so tired of being cold!

It is starting to feel like winter will never, ever leave. We have 6 foot snow piles on our lawn from scraping the driveway. It is bitter cold walking Emma to school and no matter how hard I try, I cannot get Natalia to walk faster than a snail on the way to school in the morning. Today seemed fine when I left. I think the thermometre read about -9 degrees, which is good in comparison to the temperatures that we have had lately, but what I wasn't expecting was the wind. Jeez Louise, It was BRUTAL. My cheeks were stinging by the time I got home.

It amazes me how the cold doesn't seem to affect the kids as much. They really don't complain much and if it were up to them they would stay outside for hours and play. The problem is that I don't want to be outside watching them.

Needless to say, my photos are all about the weather today.

First up, is a very, very rare shot of my girls together and they both look pretty decent.



While Gerben was shovelling the driveway last night the girls were beyond excited to see their snow mountain growing and growing and growing. The just had to admire it on the way to school this morning. Then after school they used it as a super cool slide. Oh how I wish I had their energy.



The long, cold walk to school! It's actually quite a short walk but when it's so cold out it might as well be 3 miles uphill both ways! :)



Natalia standing on a little hill at the end of our sidewalk. She trips over this hill each and every day!



Playing it up for the camera. She loves how the snow makes a great chair when it's piled up at the edge of the sidewalks.

8 comments:

Sheri said...

Shannon, the pictures are amazing! How you can make winter look so nice is true talent :) I LOVE the one of the girls walking together...priceless! I need to get Alyssa outside in the morning and try to get some winter pictures. Problem is it's too darn cold to take Cayla out too!

Jennifer said...

These are beautiful! I love the picture of them walking together.

Christy said...

They looks so sweet all bundled up, love her snow chair.

Bling - our elf on the shelf said...

I also love the photo of the two girls walking together, but the other ones is stunning to.

Brigitte aka Scrappassie said...

Well, I have to say, this is just so much more than just a photo a day !! Awesome shots !
And although I can understand you are sick of winter, I wish we could have some snow like that. Anyway, love your photos !

Paint the Moon Photography said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos! Love the girls' pops of color against the bright snow.

Isn't it funny how the little ones don't seem to mind the cold. That would be fabulous if it weren't for the fact that we have to sit outside freezing our tushies off watching them! LOL!

Ellay said...

Oh my gosh! GREAT photos!!! All of them. Your girls are sooooo cute and I love their little snow suits. I've never seen one in person as we have absolutely zero need for them here; but they look nice and warm!

Erika said...

Beautiful photos of your girls! It really is amazing how kids can play and feel warm in the winter, while the rest of us freezes tons!
Hope you'll have a good time a the seminare, an hope to see lots of b&w's after! :)