Friday, January 9, 2009

It's good to play like a kid again!


So, I have found an entirely unexpected advantage to taking on this challenge. It is forcing me to find great ideas and activities to do with Natalia. This way I get some great photo opportunities. If I don't do anything, than there is nothing to photograph.

Today, I decided to dig out the Play-Doh. I really hate this stuff because of the mess it creates and I cannot stand seeing all the beautiful coloured dough be squished together into one giant colourful ball. I like the colours kept seperate. For the longest time I wouldn't let Emma play with more than one colour at a time but I have eased up.

Here's the pics of the day. I haven't decided which photo to use for my layout of the week but one of them for sure. I am leaning towards the first photo at the top of this post but first I need to see if it will fit in the last opening on my week 1 layout.








And, just to prove that I was in fact, in on the action. This is what I created.

6 comments:

Rory said...

PlayDoh is great.My kids love it too...but not me!
I hate all the little pieces on the floor after playing!*wuaahhh*

But you showed wonderful pics!Thanks!

Erika said...

Wonderful pictures, really colorful!
Here Play Doh is a wonderful toy, it will keep the little guy busy for a stunning twenty minutes at a time(!), and I've discovered that the chunks on the floor dries rather fast and are then easy to vacum up. :)

Sheri said...

Awesome pics Shannon! Alyssa loves play doh too. I still only allow her to play with one colour at a time :) Because like you said, I don't like it all in one big ball! Maybe I'll ease up one day too! We actually played with play doh a few times this week.

LovelyMissKait said...

I hate playdoh, but my kids love it.
You take wonderful pictures. They are so clear and colorful. What kind of camera do you have?
P.S. I love your playdoh creation, especially the fish!

Chreamps said...

I think you should use the aquarium that you created - it's beautiful! Love all the pics - so colorful and it looks like fun. I know it can be messy but I love playDoh, I even like the smell of it (LOL). Guess it takes me back to my youth that was so loooonnnnnggggg ago!

Amy Lightfoot said...

OMG you actually created something with FISH in it!
Were you making faces the whole time?? LOLOL