Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's Jan 8th and I have 5 photos today

Each and every weekday morning I get up around 7:30 or 8:00 so I can get Emma to school for 9:00. This morning I decided to take the camera with me on the "long" trek to school. (We live less than 1/2 a block from the school.) I captured quite a few shots on the way but the one that really spoke to me and that I will use for my Project 365 is this one.



I didn't choose it because it's the best photo technically, I choose it because I cannot believe how much Emma is becoming more and more like me. Growing up, I had 2 distinct tradmarks that were always commented on, my freckles and my dimples. Well, I have noticed over the past few months that Emma is getting more and more freckles across her cheeks just like I always had. This photo captured both the freckles and the dimples! I can't deny that she's not my kid!

This next bunch of photos were the runner's up for the day. I love them all but I can only choose one for my Project 365.







I must say that I love the picture of Natalia with the huge snowball. She was trying so hard to push it around the school yard but she just wasn't strong enough. It wouldn't budge but she did light up like a light bulb when I sat her on it. She's such a ham.

4 comments:

goodtexan said...

Wondeful photos! Your kids are really beautiful. TFS!

Rory said...

Wonderful pics of your girls!
Looks if they had so much fun in the snow!

Karen E. said...

Shannon, Emma has always looked like you a whole lot!!!!! Never difficult to know that she has your genes. Great pictures.

Michelle said...

Wonderful snow photos.