Friday, February 27, 2009

This will be a Whinny Post, Sorry!

OMG, I can't honestly say that I was thrilled to see the end of yesterday. Emma woke up around 3:00am and had vomited all over her bed. Honestly, Gerben dealt with her this time. He stripped her bed, threw out her pillow and gave her a bath. I only knew something was going on when I heard her puking in the toilet. She ended up being put in our bed and around 4:00 she sat up and puked all across Gerben and his side of out bed! Ick. Well, this is basically how Emma spent the hours from 3:00 until 10:00.



Poor kid! At least once 10:00 hit she quit puking all together and felt much better. But she was really upset that she still couldn't go to school and that I had to cancel her dentist appointment.

Emma wasn't the only one to give me a run for my money today. Natalia did this to my couch...



If you are wondering what it is, it's pee! URG! She pushed the cushions off the couch and then peed on it. I cannot wait until they are bigger so that I can get a new couch. This one is disgusting. If anyone out there has a couch they want to get rid of, please let me know. I just might be interested. Needless to say, on top of the crazy pile of bedding laundry I had to do, now I had to scrub the couch.

This wasn't the only accident of the day either. She also peed her bed in the night and didn't tell us. She must have done it late enough because I think she just got up and changed into clothes for the day because she never said anything. I found it by stepping on the wet underwear on the floor in her room. EWE! So this meant I had 3 out of 3 beds to strip and wash.

Finally when Emma was ready to eat something and I decided to make me some lunch, this is what happened when I opened the fridge door.



Have you ever seen what a Correlle dish does when it breaks? It's not pretty. The pieces flew a good 5 feet or more.




What a mess!

Overall, the entire day wasn't a right off. Emma was feeling better by the afternoon so we decided to go the the family fun night at her school. It was Science themed this year so it was right up her alley. She loved it. The milk trick was her favourite.

You put a small amount of milk on a plate, enough to cover the bottom, then add a few drops of food colouring. When you touch the milk with a q-tip covering in soap the food colouring scatters to the edge. She loved this!



Natalia seemed to love playing in the slime. Do you remember mixing cornstarch and water and getting the funny half liquid and half solid substance. You can pick it up in chunks but it will then melt in your hand? She LOVED this stuff.




We also got to watch a quick demonstration using dry ice. It was really cool and the guy was hysterical. Natalia got to be a volunteer. She had a dry ice bubble put on her head. She thought that was pretty cool. Of course this was after she told the guy off because he kept teasing the kids and putting up 4 fingers instead of three. She finally yelled out, "Put down your thumb and baby finger! That's three!" It was hysterical.

So in the end, the day turned out OK. But it started out pretty rough.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry that you had such a terrible day! We've smashed a couple of our Corelle dessert bowls. For something that I didn't think was supposed to smash they both blew into a million pieces. I hope today is better for you (hugs).

Sheri said...

Oh wow, what a day you had!! I hope today was better :)