Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dreaming of Spring

I can handle winter. Come on, I'm Canadian, I have to handle winter. What bugs me is the teasing. One day it's really warm and for a week straight we watch the mountains of snow slowly melt away. It's such a refreshing feeling when that happens and then BANG, you get a blustery, windy day like today. It's -8 outside with a windchill of -18 and I am walking Emma to school. Brrr!

Needless to say, I am dreaming of Spring. Gerben brought home some beautiful tulips the other day. They are hands-down my favourite flower. I'm not really a flower person but the sight of tulips makes me think spring and for that reason they are my favourite. In an attempt to encourage warm weather and spring I decided to photograph my flowers for today. Here is the results.





3 comments:

Amy Lightfoot said...

Awesome shots Shannon!!! Was that with with your new lense?

Sheri said...

Beautiful shots Shannon!! The lighting is amazing! Good job!

Jennifer said...

These are amazing! I love them all. The detail in the petals is unbelievable! Right now I am cheering on winter. If the roads are terrible I will score another day at home this week. ;) Once Saturday comes the snow can go anytime.