Sunday, February 8, 2009

I obviously don't get out much!!

Yippee! I got out of the house WITHOUT the kids! This is something that doesn't happen often and it is soooo great when it does.

Jen and I decided to sign up for a Black and White photography seminar and have some much needed girl time. The seminar was really good. I honestly learned a lot and I think I just might try converting more photos to black and white because you never know what you might get. I have one great example from today that I just have to share.

First is the colour shot. For whatever reason I totally love it. This was taken inside a super dark restaurant. I love the effect of all the different coloured lights and I am so pleased with the results as is but I had to try a conversion.



And here is the results. I totally love it as well. I honestly don't think I could choose. I highly recommend clicking the images to see the larger versions to get the full effect.



All in all, I would have to say that this was a totally worthwhile seminar for me.

Ok, so enough of the bragging. On to what happens when you set me lose with Jen, our cameras and some new toys for an afternoon.

You end up with photos such as this...



or this




Or I decide to deface her vehicle just so that I can get this photo.

Hmm, I wonder if my brother will ever let me near his vehicles again?




Of course what would an afternoon away be without a little shopping?

We decide to hit up Old Navy, just so I can get Jen's advice about the boys' birthday gifts. (I can't believe the little men are going to be 1 on Valentine's Day!)

Here is us capturing our little shopping trip.



I personally thought it would great fun to have grabbed supper here



But, alas, we ate here instead. It's nice to be adults once and a while.



and what can I say, this is where I captured that great black and white at the start of the post and also this shot...



Ok, I'm ready for another day out. It's tough to come home after having such fun. I can't wait to do this again. How about you, Jen?

4 comments:

Amy Lightfoot said...

OH Sure and you didn't invite me along!!!! And you were just around the corner from me too!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

These are awesome! I love all of them - especially the first one. WOW. It's amazing. Thanks for the awesome parking lot Old Navy shot idea. Oh and thanks a lot for messing up my spotless car.

Sheri said...

Awesome shots Shannon! Sounds like you and Jen had a great time.

Paint the Moon Photography said...

Oh, a day out ... I haven't had one of those in over three years! Literally! So jealous!! Awesome shots ... loved the one of the restaurant. Fabulous!