Thursday, March 26, 2009

I took over 400 photos today! ACK!

Ok, I admit it's a little crazy but we had such a fun and busy day. Natalia and I went to our favourite drop in program for the majority of the day. It is the best place. There is so much to do and tons of kids to play with. Today was actually a pretty small group so the kids got to play Roly Poly on the ball. It is always a hit!



On the way to get Emma from school I asked Natalia to sit on our bench so I could get a photo of her to play with on the computer. I love the photo but man the colour is killing me. She looks so pink. I am sure that is because of the reflection of her coat but I don't want her looking like a lobster. Does she look like a lobster to you?



After we picked Emma up and got settled in at home I begged the girls to go outside and let me take some photos. They actually agreed. I didn't get much that I loved but it was fun taking photos of the girls playing with their outside toys that they haven't seen in a while. Emma was so excited to get her bike out. I don't think she got off it for more than 2 minutes.



Of course, Natalia was watching her like a hawk, in the hopes to get in on this cool action! But she didn't.

Not only did we get some playtime outside but we also got the front gardens cleaned up a bit and Emma found our first spring flower. She was so excited!



Heck, I didn't even know we had flowers in this particular planting bed.

What would a day outside be without sidewalk chalk and tree climbing? Our poor magnolia tree seems to constantly have a kid in it. It's the perfect climbing tree.




There is one more thing that I just have to show tonight. You may or may not know this but Natalia is OBSESSED with her hair and in particular, she is obsessed with ponytails. I honestly think that if I cut the child's hair off she will go into withdrawal. Anyways, last time were were in Arthur, my cousin Melanie gave these hair elastics (at least that is what we use them for) to Emma and Natalia. Well, Natalia just LOVES these. She wants to wear them constantly, the cow in this photo is by far her favourite. Thanks Mel!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

These are beautiful! Great shots. I don't find she is pink at all. She looks great on my screen.

Karen E. said...

Your daughter does not look like a lobster! She is a cutie, pink or not;) Looks like Emma is doing very well with her bike. Way to go Emma. I am so happy that we found a home for the ponytail elastics. Melanie loved them but knew that they needed a new home. Thanks for the picture Natalia.

Paint the Moon Photography said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day playing outside!

Congrats on the color adjustments ... looks like you really got a handle on it, it looks beautiful now! :)

Melanie said...

Great photos Shannon!
I'm glad we found a home for my ponytail elastics...and to think, I was almost going to throw them out!

Erika said...

Great picture of your girls! I don't think Natalia looks like a lobster, =), but she is wearing a very cute pink jacket!
Love the angel in the sidwalk chalk picture! And the pony tail cow is just too funny! So cute.