Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Fabulous Day for the Girls and I


Today, Natalia Emma and I headed to Arthur for a visit with Aunt Karen and Uncle Jack. The kids were very excited to go. They know that there is always fun stuff to do at Uncle Jack and Aunt Karen's house and of course they get their undivided attention.

Seeing as yesterday was my birthday, Karen invited my grandparents and was sweet enough to bake me a fabulous banana cake to accompany our delicious lunch. It was AMAZING!! And she was even kind enough to cheap out and only put 20 candles on it, instead of 32! he he he! She's the best! Awe, how I wish I was 20 again!



The kids had a great time playing with the pool table and instruments at Aunt Karen's house.








But I think their favourite toy of all was the marble racing kit. The girls loved watching and helping us adults build it as high as possible and then spent forever climbing up on the couch to reach the top to drop the marbles down. I am sure that this will be the first toy they ask for the next time they go to Jack and Karen's house.




And last but not least, I can't forget the ever adorable Stewie! The treat and box loving kitty! He's got such personality.


3 comments:

Girl Gone said...

Oooh, a marble run! Our friends got one for their son for Christmas (that's all he wanted - a marble run, I guess they had one at his kindergarten).

It turns out that they are not only great toys for 5-year-olds, they are also FANTASTIC toys for 38-year-old men as Jack's daddy played with it more than Jack did!

Erika said...

Sounds like you had a great day! And so nice to only have 20 candles in the cake again.. I don't even bother to put candles in my cakes anymore, with 33 you would hardly see the cake! :p

Marble run sounds fun, I've never seen it here, but I keep my eyes open.

Karen E. said...

Glad that you enjoyed you day, especially the 20 only candles;) We enjoyed the last of your cake today. Hope that you got some, and not all ;) of what you took home! I will keep the marble run within easy access. Feel free to crop me from the pictures!