Saturday, March 28, 2009

I love where I live!

It's days like this that I love where I live. The weather is fantastic. My neighbours are great albeit a little weird sometimes (see pic below) and there are lots of kids around for mine to play with. I really do love it here.



I live on a really quiet street so it was pretty funny to watch people slow down and stare as they saw this happening. It was the adult in the group that started this silly little fire and all the kids were grabbing debris like crazy to throw in it.

After school, the girls and I never did go inside. They wanted to stay and play outside so I grabbed my camera and the bikes and we stayed outside until Daddy got home. The girls had a fantastic time playing with all the kids. It was so nice to watch some of the boys teaching Natalia and Emma how to play basketball. They were even racing Emma on her bike down the street.



Michelle, my neighbour, got the freezies out of her freezer for the kids to enjoy. These are the first ones of the season and judging by Natalia's outfit you would think it was June not March. The weather was a balmy and sunny 10 degrees!! Not quite freezie and sundress weather but that's what we did anyways.



I just had to get a new pic of my snowdrops today because they are so cool looking! I love the way they look all opened up.



And the one thing on my entire yard that I love more than anything, is my magnolia tree, and it is starting to bud! I LOVE seeing this thing all covered in flowers. It is gorgeous. I just wish it lasted more than about 5 days to a week in flower.



Oh yeah, one last photo I just have to show. This little guy is in Emma's class and was so into me taking photos of him. He asked me to take this photo for him and I am so glad that I did. He actually stood on a bucket and jumped off it to make this shot in the basket. It's not best, but I cloned out the bucket under him, and I'm going to give it to him at school on Monday. He was so excited to see this photo on my camera today and I promised him a copy.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

These are great! Looks like you had a great day. Great job on the cloning - you can't even tell there was a bucket there!

Erika said...

Seems like you had a wonderful Friday with the spring weather! And it seems like you live in a great neighborhood. Reminds me of where my parents live and where I grew up; lots of children and always something going on.

Cool pic of the basket player, really great job with the cloning!