Friday, March 6, 2009

Finally some outdoor weather

After school today the temperature outside was actually fairly warm. The girls really wanted to stay outside and play for a bit and I decided that it would be ok. After spending a few minutes attempting to climb my magnolia tree I did finally convince them that we should play out back and not in the tree.




Emma took to the swing and slides pretty quick, while Natalia just kinda followed her around and whined.




After Natalia watched Emma climb up the slide, she decided to try it on the smaller time. Next thing I know, I look over and she has her boots off! Now, maybe it's just me, but I think it's a little too cold for that. She was mad when I made her put them back on because I guess it's easier to climb up the slide without them.




I also decided to play around a little with the macro feature on my new lens. I found this plant in my yard and decided to capture it. It turned out to be a pretty cool photo I think.



And last but not least, a goofy photo of Natalia. Kelly has asked me to take a few photos of Jillian while she was here this afternoon and so naturally, Natalia wanted in on the action. She allowed me a full 2 shots before she disappeared. And this was the goofy expression she gave me.



Gerben and I are heading to Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls with the kids for the weekend so unfortunately this will be my last post until Sunday. Hopefully, I will have a ton of photos to share then.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Great pictures Shannon! Have a great time this weekend!

Amy Lightfoot said...

Have an awesome weekend Shannon !!! I hear it's a great place

Erika said...

Lovely photos! Kids can be so funny, taking of the shoes in the middle of the winter! :)
The last shot of Natalia is great, I love the look on her face an that she looks so straight into the camera!