Saturday, March 21, 2009

A few fun days

Yesterday, Emma, Natalia and I went to Cambridge to spend the afternoon with Amy, her friend, Sue and 14 kids at Chuck E Cheese. Surprisingly enough it was actually not as bad as it sounds. The kids were really good and because you hardly saw them you never even noticed that there was so many of them. After we left Chuck E Cheese we went back to Amy's house to get clothes for Madison, as we had invited her for a sleepover. We just happened to beat Amy there so Emma took the opportunity to bounce on the trampoline.




It wasn't long before Natalia saw the great fun that Emma was having and so she decided that she wanted on the trampoline too. Now, I know you all think that Emma is my sweet innocent little angel. But you know, she isn't always that way. Check out this look! What do you thinks on her mind?



Hmmm, maybe a little of this?





Which of course, caused some of these...



And Emma, being the amazing big sister that we all know she is, had to do just one more of these...



And that, my friends, is proof that Emma isn't always the innocent angel that she comes across as! :)

Seeing as I am a day late. I am also going to post some pics from today. I had to bring Madison home this afternoon and I decided to take the opportunity and invite Amy out for a few hours of just wandering and taking photos. We decided to head to downtown Galt near Millrace Park. There are some beautiful ruins down in that area along the river. And it's pretty easy to find lots of things to photograph. We were out for about 2 hours and these are a few of my favourite photos.





I also used this opportunity to try the bracketing function on my camera because I had just heard about HDR (High Dynamic Range) photography and wanted to try it out. Basically you take 3 different photos of the same image but at different exposures and then blend the photos using a program called Photomatix. I learned about it on a podcast called dtowntv. They also have a website. www.dtowntv.com The podcast is all about Nikon and this was one of the things they showed in episode 2.

Here's my first attempt at HDR. Please excuse the watermark. Because I am only using the trial version this is automatically placed on my photo.



It's a pretty cool effect if you ask me. Do I want to shell out the money for this program? Probably not. It's a fun toy but not something I would use frequently.

3 comments:

Amy Lightfoot said...

Very nice photos. That Building is awesome. Looking at my photos of it last and went WOW, I can't believe I didn't know thats what it was like on the riverside of it!
Thanks again for the much needed time out!!!! We should do that more often just go out and shoot things like that. We get adult time..time with our camera's and time as friends again!
You are a great friend!!

Jennifer said...

These are fabulous! The HDR image is incredible - it really came alive with your processing. I have heard of HDR and seen some really cool images but didn't know how to do it. You'll have to fill me in today. Great shots!

Erika said...

Lovely photos! You really see when the kids are up to something, don't you? That look is so obvious. :P
Great pictures from your walk too, amazing buildings! Cool effect on the HDR too, I'd love to try that.