Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I learned a new trick today!

So of course, I just had to try it out. This is a sun flare and so easy to do! All you do is close your aperture as much as possible and you get these cool flares. I love it! Supposedly it's awesome at sunset. I must try that!




Last week when the girls and I were at Chuck E Cheese, Alexander was so sweet and bought Natalia this huge lollipop! She was so excited! So today, I finally gave it to her and took the opportunity to shoot lots of photos of her with it. I think I got some really great shots. I love her eyes in these photos. I didn't even touch them up in photoshop. They just popped today.








And last but not least, is the look I get when Natalia is sick of me and my camera! She informed me that she doesn't like having her picture take.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Awesome pics Shannon! Love the new technique! You're right, her eyes do just pop in those pics! I love the last one...that's the look I get from Alyssa when I start taking pics!

Paint the Moon Photography said...

Incredible photos, Shannon! Isn't sun flare fun?! I just need to sun to actually come out again so I can play some more. :)

Lollipops are one of the funnest props ... I actually have a whole basket of giant swirly pops in my prop cabinet in the studio. :)

Oh, I so recognize that look from Alyssa! Addie gives me that look constantly ... right before screaming, "NO PICTURES" and running in the opposite direction of the camera. LOL!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip, Shannon! Beautiful pictures. I've gotten a sunflare a few times and was quite impressed with myself but it was totally by luck. Good to know how to actually do it lol.

Erika said...

Ah, that's how I should have done with my pic of the day... aperture mode. Thanks for sharing your tips! The pictures are great, all of them. Love the lollipop-pics, they are so colorful, and her eyes are fantastic!