Wednesday, September 12, 2007

One day down, Many more to come!

Emma set off on her first day of school today. After some brief early morning jitters she was totally excited. I know there was some nervousness because barely ate her breakfast but she got through it. We got to school about 10 minutes early and Emma immediately met up with a new friend, Gracie. It was so nice for Emma to find someone in her class right away. When it finally came time for the bell to ring, Emma tore off towards the door like she owned the school. I actually had to call her back for a hug and I kiss. After she was safely in the class I couldn't help but peek in the window. She put her backpack on the hook as fast as possible and was already heading for the toys!

Emma was finished school at 3:20 so Natalia and I headed over to pick her up. Emma came running out of the class with a big smile and so excited to show me the stuff she had done. Emma told me that she got to play with the rice today and also that they drew with lipstick. She thought that was hilarious! Of course she had to tell me that she couldn't play with the paint because it was closed today but the teacher PROMISED it would be open on Monday. I am sure Emma will hold her to the promise.

Emma told me that her favourite part of Kindergarten was meeting Gracie. She made the comment "Why is the teacher is teaching me things that I already know." I guess they were printing their names and to Emma that's a very simple task. Emma also told me about playing a name game with "Mrs Fuzzy." I figured "Mrs Fuzzy" was a bear or toy but infact it's the librarian and her name is "Mrs Pizzy." I laughed and laughed when I realized her mistake.

All in all the day went very, very well. Emma is very disappointed that she has to wait until Monday for her next class.

No comments: