Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wednesday and Thursday

Well, Wednesday was another busy day. They all seem to be that way lately. I had another photography lesson with Trina. It was good but no where near as good as last time. This time all we did was talk and learn more about design and what elements make a good design. Of course, I am a hyper critical person and feel as though beauty is in the eye of the beholder. She told me she wants me to be open and say what I honestly think. Anyone who knows me, knows that I can be the most outspoken and blunt person going. So to give me freedom to be honest is a scary situation at times. There were times, while looking at photographs, that Trina was overjoyed and totally taken with a photo and I was kinda going, "Huh? I don't get it!" She would try desperately to explain why it was a great shot but in all honesty I still didn't see it. What I did learn, is that I am too critical of my own work and too quick to delete. My assignment for this week, is to bring in some photos that I am contemplating deleting or would have deleted to see what we can learn from them. That is going to be tough. Who wants to show off their "garbage?"

Next time I go, it's all about shooting. We will be working on histograms and other goodies like that. I can't wait, it should be a great one.

Seeing as I didn't get to go out shooting with Trina, I did stop at Churchill park on the way home and captured these beauties. As you will see, I am still totally in LOVE with sun flare shots.





Today was fantastic! The weather was amazing. We spent most of the day enjoying this beautiful weather and I managed to capture these photos.





Just for kicks, I also have to share this photo of Emma. I can tell already that when gravity kicks in for her, the results may be scary! he he he



This photo absolutely cracks me up but I am sure she will kill me if she sees it on here!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

These look great! Beautiful shots.

Karen McDougall said...

You have taken some of the nicest Blk and Whts I have ever seen

Karen E. said...

Okay Shannon, you are FAR too critical of your work! What may be garbage to you is beauty to many! Love your sun glare, or whatever they are properly called, shots. Can Emma ever skip! Way to go Emma!

Erika said...

Those sun glares are so beautiful! I will really have to try with those again, would love to capture such shots.
I read an article somewhere about not deleting "in camera", but upload to the computer first to see them on the larger monitor. And to get some perspective on them. Seems like you had a good lesson today anyway!

Sheri said...

Beautiful pics Shannon. I am still trying to get a sun flare that looks as good as yours. What's the trick?