Saturday, April 11, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVA!!!

First off, I have to wish my beautiful Niece, Ava, a very Happy 3rd Birthday! I am so sorry that we didn't make it to your party. Please forgive us! (more on that later)

Ok, as per usual these days, I am playing catch up with my photos.

I think Wednesday was the last day that I posted so here we go. First up is Thursday.

Gerben, the girls and I went to Toronto on Thursday evening to go to a great photography supply store. On the way home the clouds were so cool as they floated past the full (or almost full) moon. I was dying to try and get some photos but, I must say, they SUCK! It totally doesn't give the site justice. Here is my feeble attempt.




I am still trying to get used to my new camera, and I must say that I have noticed one thing that I completely miss about my D80 that I don't have for the D300 and that is the little tiny wireless pocket remote. It makes shots like this so easy because I don't have to worry about timers or shaking the tripod on these longer exposures.

Friday was a holiday for all. So while Gerben worked away at laying the floor in the basement the girls and I decorated Easter eggs. I think it took them about 5 minutes to decorate 18 eggs! Sheesh, all the excitement surrounding decorating the eggs and it was done in 5 minutes. It hardly seems worth it but they loved it, so I guess it was worth it.







Today was Ava's 3rd birthday and also her birthday party. Natalia and I were planning to go, while Gerben and Emma stayed home so that Emma could attend a friends party. All was going well this morning. I had Natalia all dressed up in her adorable little party dress. Her hair was done up in the cutest little pigtails and she was beyond excited. All she talked about was going to Ava's house for the birthday party. She has been complaining on and off about a sore tummy lately but I hadn't really thought much of it. My friend Kelly's kids have both been sick with a stomach bug lately and I thought maybe Natalia was getting it but she seemed fine this morning. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Natalia and I started on our way to Arthur and just about 15 minutes from home she said to me, "My tummy hurts!" Next thing I knew she puked. A LOT! All through her car seat. All over herself, her pretty party dress and into every buckle on her seat. She was so upset. I felt horrible. I told her we had to go home and that we wouldn't be able to go to Ava's party because she was sick. Well, I'm telling you, she cried and cried. She was more upset about missing the party than getting sick.

Luckily, it seems to be that this was a one time thing. She only threw up the once and then after getting cleaned up and having a brief rest on the couch she was back to her old self. Poor little kid! I feel so bad that she had to miss the party but I did promise her that we would go and see Ava very soon, so that she could give Ava her present. That seemed to make her feel better.

So, my photo of the day, is my little sickie on the couch right after munching on a jam beschuit (a dry dutch bread) because she was starving after throwing up her breakfast and this stuff is pretty gentle on the tummy.

1 comment:

Erika said...

I also tried to capture the fantastic moon the other night, but didn't succeeded at all. Anyway it was a beautiful scenery, and next time maybe we know how to do it. :)

Poor Natalia! Missing out on a birthday party is never fun, and to get the stomach flu is even worse. I can understand that she was disappointed.