Tuesday, April 7, 2009

At last! An Update...

So besides being completely busy working on my new studio, my stupid keyboard has also been tempermental but, alas, I am here to post my photos.

Starting with Friday, really nothing too exciting going on besides the work on my new photo studio. Needless to say, my photo is pretty boring as well.

Here is my hubby laying the first layer of the subfloor.



On Saturday, we needed to go to the airport and pick up Frans from Holland. We decided to stop at a photography store seeing as we were in Toronto anyway. I really wanted to buy my studio lighting locally but man it is so much more expensive here. I wasn't willing to pay double the price, so we went with good old Alienbee in the states instead. All my lights and goodies should arrive tomorrow. I'm just disappointed that my studio won't be ready. But, I'm sure that won't stop me from playing.

Here is a few photos that I took in the airport. I was hoping to get a pic of the girls walking the wrong way on the moving sidewalks but they are in the other terminal. I was so disappointed. It is, by far, their favourite thing to do at the airport.





Sunday was the very first day, since starting project 365, that I missed a day. We were just so tired with painting and laying the floor that I forgot about my photo. In all honesty, it would only have been of an empty half finished studio anyway. Oh well, it was bound to happen. Now it's on to Monday.

What the heck is going on with this weather? It's awful! We went from beautiful sunny warm weather, to a friggin' snow storm! Geez, I thought we were done with winter. I KNOW I am.




And now, I am finally up to date because here is today's photo.



My photographer friend, Rachelle, invited me over to play with her alienbees today. It was so much fun and very informative. I feel like the second I get my bees (tomorrow) I will be able to whip them out of the box and get it set up and ready to go in no time. I am sooo excited! Rachelle has 2 beautiful little girls, Megan and Erin, so it was like a playdate for the mommies and the kids. The above photo was the only one I got of Natalia. She is a little munchkin and hates when I take her photo but she did let Rachelle get a few cute ones. You can see them here. Thanks Rachelle! You are more than welcome to come and visit me and the girls anytime.

3 comments:

Karen E. said...

You certainly have been busy Shannon. Look forward to seeing your studio. Sounds like you have put a great deal of work into it! have fun with your toys when they arrive! Love the last pic of Natalia!

Erika said...

Great re-cap! The first picture isn't boring at all, love the perspective and the dof!
Seems like you had a very busy weekend, and the snow thing is just freakin'! It is April, give us sun and warmth! =)
Cute pic of Natalia, love her face. Wish I could get Linus to look so straight into the camera and smile, all at the same time. :P

Rachelle said...

Ooh I just seen this now! :)
Thanks for linking me! Can't wait to see what comes out of that studio!