Thursday, April 2, 2009

Many, time can sure get away from you

This studio building is crazy! We have been plugging away as much as we can. We have stripped off all the trim and taped off some of the walls in preparation for painting. And now tonight, we removed all the carpeting and underlay in prep for the new floors. I think it's going to look fantastic. We just have a long road of prep work ahead of us and of course that means, late nights and no blogging :(

So, lets go back a few days, on Monday the girls had dentist appointments. It just happened to be Natalia's first dentist appointment ever. They both did fantastic. No tears, no arguments and best of all...NO CAVITIES!! Emma was thrilled to also learn that she has, not one but TWO loose teeth. The dentist told her that she needs to wiggle them lots to get them out. Well, if you know Emma at all, you know that she is now the wiggle queen! She is working constantly to get these teeth out. I don't think her fingers ever leave her mouth. It will be a bit of a bittersweet moment when her first tooth does fall out. It's just another sign that she is growing up, and not my baby anymore.

First off, I just have to show you this photo. My dentist's office has the coolest toy EVER! I love it and I want one. Check out this girls technique! I think she watches her mommy way too much!



Don't you just love this thing! OMG, I sooo want one for my studio!

Ok, enough drooling over a toy camera. Natalia was the first to hit the dentist's chair. At first, she was a little nervous.



But man, when the hygienist gave her these super cool shades to wear, Natalia was just thrilled!



From then on, she was a trooper. The only part she didn't like was when the chair was moving backwards and laying her down. She told me she didn't like it but after that she was just fine.



Emma was up after Natalia. She also did fantastic. No problem at all. The hygienist just kept saying that she wished all the kids were like mine. I was so proud of them.



And here is Emma enjoying the BEST part of the dentist visit...picking out her THREE toys to go with her new Shrek toothbrush. Natalia got a Diego toothbrush. She told the hygienist that she didn't want the Dora one because she already had that one at home.

Tuesday's photo isn't very exciting but here's the story behind it... Natalia is ALWAYS taking Emma's new sunglasses from the birthday party a few weeks ago. It annoys Emma to no end when Natalia does this, so today we went to Zellers because I needed new sunglasses and we picked Natalia up her own pair as well. Hopefully the fights will stop now! Natalia is so proud of these glasses because she got to pick them out herself.



Ok, I'm beat, it's 1:00am so I am heading to bed. I will post todays photos tomorrow. Have a great night!

3 comments:

Petra said...

That toy camera rocks and looks sooo real!! Great photos and so great your girls did good in that scary dentist chair...you must have been so proud, especially when the edentist said such fab things! :) Cute sunglasses too

Erika said...

Wow, you must be so proud of your girls! So great that they are not afraid of the dentist. And even better that they have no cavities.
Love the pic of Natalia with her new glasses, she looks very content! =)

Sheri said...

First up, that's awesome about you opening your own studio! Good luck with everything, you'll have to tell me more about it some time.

Love the pics from the last few days. That toy camera rocks! Do you know where they got it? I'd like one too :)

And awesome job for both girls at the dentist. I have been wondering wheh to take Alyssa. Maybe once she turns three we'll attempt it :)