Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ok, so yesterday and today

Once again, I am playing catch up! Seeing as Gerben is in the basement right now, kindly installing the new outlets and cover for my studio, I thought it best that I didn't go to bed on him!

Of course yesterday was Easter and in our house that means the Easter Bunny comes. Emma was beyond excited. She has been bouncing off the walls with excitement for days now.

This is the loot that the Bunny left on our coffee table for the girls.



Natalia was the lucky recipient of a new bike and Emma got a Wii game. Normally the Bunny isn't so generous but seeing as Natalia has long outgrown her trike, the Bunny decided to use Easter as the excuse to get her a new one. She was beyond excited. Emma, on the other hand, is crazy about the High School Musical movies so it was an obvious win for her when she received with Wii game.

It was such a beautiful day, and Natalia was just itching to get outside and play with her new bike, so we decided to take the kids to the school so they could get some bike time.




Emma has taken notice that the other kids her age are beginning to have the training wheels taken off their bike and so she insisted that Daddy do the same for her. We warned her that it wasn't going to be as easy as she thinks to ride without them but she insisted.





Honestly, she never did figure out how to ride without the training wheels and she was very annoyed with herself. I feel bad for her but her stubborn nature is holding strong and she is determined to figure this out. I have no doubt she will. She thinks the only reason she couldn't do it yesterday was because she had to pee!! He he he! If only it was that easy!

Today was another day off school for Emma. We had a good day. Kelly came over with Jillian so the kids got a chance to play. They seemed to have a great time as they usually do. I am loving that Natalia is napping most afternoons again. It gives me that extra little break in the afternoon and takes away some of the crankies.

Tonight I was so lucky again. Both girls were agreeable to having their photos taken and here are some of the results.







Oh and in case you are wondering, the girls choose the poses they wanted to do. That was they only way they would agree to this! But I must say, I do love them!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

These look great! Great shots.

Sheri said...

Great pics Shannon!! I am so jealous that your girls sit and smile for you like that :) If I could just get Alyssa to sit still long enough for me to take a picture I would be happy...smiling is just a bonus :) The studio lighting is great! I can't wait to see pics of your completed studio!

I have to ask...did Natalia stop napping for some time and then go back to it? Alyssa just stopped having an afternoon nap about 2 weeks ago. She does okay, but there are days she could really use one...or maybe its me who needs the break :)

Karen E. said...

Awesome pictures of the girls Shannon. They will have to be your assistants when you take pictures of others! Wish Emma well on her learning to ride without training wheels. I hope that she has some patientce along with the stubborness! When Gerben is finished with your house, could I borrow him please?