Thursday, April 23, 2009

Finally an update!

Things have been crazy busy around here and as per usual the blog has been neglected. It was absolutely wonderful to enjoy the warm weather last weekend. The girls insisted that we have our supper outside. This was our first meal of many for 2009 on our patio. And what did we have? Pannekoeken! Yummy!



It also just happened that Gerben and I had the same idea on Friday. While at the grocery store I picked up a pot of beautiful yellow tulips and when he came home, he had a gorgeous bouquet of red gerbera's. My two favourite flowers and candy for my camera lens! he he he




The girls are funny right now. One minute they will be playing like angels laughing and giggling together and the next minute one of them is screaming, "Get out of my ROOM!!" On Monday morning they were skipping together on the way to school. Laughing and giggling the entire time. Ah, music to my ears! Why can't it always be like this?



Yesterday, I took Natalia for a haircut. She was finally agreeable so I definitely needed to get it done before she changed her mind. She is very attached to her hair and her ponytails. I love her hair this length. It's so much cuter and some much more in control.



And then there was today. Poor Emma got an unexpected day off school. I took her to school in the morning and as usual I waited with her until the bell rings and she goes in. When the bell rang she ran towards the area where the class lines up, which happens to be beside a huge wooden planter about 18 inches off the ground that houses some of the trees on the school yard. Well if the poor girl didn't trip. She went flying head first into the edge of the planter. She had a huge black mark about 2.5 inches long across her forehead and she scraped her knee. Now, I'm usually the "suck it up" parent, but this was different. It was horrible to watch. We took her into the school and got some ice on her head and decided to take her home. She was pretty shook up and I wasn't sure just how big this mark was going to get. It swelled up fast. Luckily, we got the swelling down quick and the dark purple changed to light purple and it looks pretty good now. But I am sure it will be a lovely colour tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'm freaking out about her head and all she is worried about it an itty bitty cut on her knee.

I took a few photos but these were late in the afternoon and the purple is really light. I am sure it will look worse tomorrow.

I'm only posting one of them here and I am doing it in both black and white and colour. I just can't decide which I like better but I do know that I love the photo.


2 comments:

Sheri said...

Good to see you back! Loving all the photos!

Natalia's new hair cut looks great! Such a cutie! I so love how crisp your pics are with the white backdrop! What studio lights did you get? Not that I can afford them...but I can dream :)

Poor Emma! In the picture you can just see it, so that's good that it didn't make a bigger mark. Funny how she cared more about her knee than her head...LOL

Karen E. said...

So good to have you back and posting Shannon. My day is not right if I don't get a glimpse of you and your family. Love Natalia's hair cut :) Emma, I hope that your sores go away quickly.