Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I love the UPS guy!

Ok, so I don't really love the UPS guy but I do love that he dropped off my studio lighting today. The floor in the studio is still not laid and we all know that when some knew toys shows up at your door, you just have to play.

Needless to say, I tore apart my dining room and quickly set up a bee with reflector and the shoot-thru umbrella (the softbox was just too big for my dining room) and then bribed the kids with chocolate so that they would let me fire off a few shots of them. The kids were actually good sports about it, although, not all that patient seeing as I am still learning.

These are the best 3 shots that I did get. Nothing spectacular but decent for 5 minutes of work.





Not bad for a first try. I can't wait to see what magic I can produce with a little practise and a lot more space. Oh and more than 2 minutes of editing per photo. This was a rush job all around.

4 comments:

Erika said...

Wow, great pictures! The light is really nice, that bee seems wonderful. I'm not really sure what it does; is it like an external flash or does it light up the room like a lamp all the time?

What a sweet picture of the girls together, they have such gorgeous smiles.

Petra said...

wow that looks great and so wish I had my lightnigh studio already!! Love the last one and her cute innocent little face!

Oh btw, is Frans still with you guys.. It was so fun to see you wroter he's from Holland...cause so am I! :)

lifeislikeasmile said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lifeislikeasmile said...

Hey Wow New Lights Congratulations!
The girls look Great! Nice lighting :O) I do peek at your blog once in a almost every day. ;O) You are a great photographer keep up the amazing photos. Have a great weekend!
Jay