Wednesday, December 12, 2007

We finally found it...

We finally found a program that Emma loves to do. Seeing as skating was a big bust and traditional tap or ballet classes cost around $30-50.00 a month plus costumes and I wasn't willing to pay that we were thrilled to find this Ukrainian dance class.

A few weeks ago, Emma's kindergarten teacher recommended it and wow I am so glad she did. Tonight was Emma's third class and she is doing fantastic. She just glows with excitement when it's time to go. She is constantly wearing her dance slippers around the house. She loves all the cool moves she is learning and the other kids are great. It's so nice to have found a program for her that she enjoys. By pure luck, she also found a brief clip on the internet showing Ukrainian dance and she went crazy showing it to me. She kept telling me, "That's what I'm learning!" Emma missed the first month or so of the program but you would never know it. She has caught on beautifully and just thrives on it. I think it's going to be so fun to see her on stage in her traditional Ukrainian outfit for the performances in July. I can only imagine what she will have learned by then.

No comments: