Sunday, December 2, 2007

Deck the Halls!


It's the festive time of year again and Gerben, the girls and I have spent a few days decorating the house. It's been lots of fun. Natalia is just old enough now to want to really help with everything that we are doing but she also tends to get in the way. At first I think she was a bit confused as to why she couldn't play with all the cool balls that we were pulling out of the boxes. Emma on the other hand loved to search each box of ornaments to see what she could find. There was excitement written all over her face. She really loved finding all the ornaments that belonged to her as well as the ones that she has made in previous years. Of course, this brings up a new challenge for me. Now I need to find a craft for her to make this year to hang on the tree. Overall, I have to say that the decorating went pretty smoothly. Natalia only broke one ball and since putting the decorations on the tree I think she has only removed about 3 or 4. We keep telling her no and we put them back. I think she is starting to get the idea. The one thing that I love about this time of year is the warm, cozy feeling that the house has after we finish decorating it. It always seems so plain in January when we take them back down again.

No comments: