Saturday, November 17, 2007

We did it!!

Gerben and I went indoor rock climbing yesturday. It was a blast. I would definetly try it again even though I sucked. Gerben was quite good at it and managed to climb to the top of the wall several times and never fell off once. In all honesty, I think he was scared to death that I would drop him if he fell so he made darn sure that he didn't. For me, well, I think I spent more time swinging from the ropes rather than actually climbing the wall. I think I only ever made it about 1/3 of the way up the wall before I would lose my grip and fall off. Lucky for me, Gerben was always on the ball and made sure that I didn't drop to the floor.

Today I feel pretty good. I completely expected to have aching muscles all over my body but I am not bad at all. My forearms are the only part of me that are sore and they really are not bad at all.

Tomorrow, Gerben and I are heading to Banff for a few more relaxing days before we head home. If all goes well we will be going skiing on Sunday. The latest ski reports state that 55 out of 107 runs are open so as of right now we are planning to hit the slopes. I am totally excited and can't wait.

No comments: