Saturday, November 10, 2007

Oh So Innocent!!


This little beauty may look innocent enough but let me tell you...She has put her Daddy and I through one CRAZY day. I realize she looks ever so cute while taking a bath but this is not her first bath today. This is her....FOURTH bath! Yes, you read that right. This was Natalia's 4th bath. Our day started out as a pretty average Saturday. We decided to get up early and take off to Sears and Price Club. Everything went very well. I got a great deal on some new workout gear at Sears and for once we didn't spend a fortune at Price Club.

Natalia has always had issues with her diapers leaking in the car. We have no idea why but it happens all the time. Today was no exception. By the time we got home from Price Club she had soaked right through her diaper and the carseat. So I scooped her up and took her straight inside to the bath while Gerben took care of the carseat. After a short while in the tub I went to check on her and finish getting her cleaned up. To my complete surprise Natalia had pooped in the tub. YUCK! I hate that. It totally grosses me out. I called Gerben and we took Natalia out of her tub and put her in our tub to finish her bath while I cleaned up the poop. Did I say "Yuck?" 'Cause trust it's gross!

After lunch I put Natalia down for a nap around 12:30 and by 1:30 she was still playing in her crib. This happens frequently and I just leave her because she usually falls asleep and what could she possible get into in her crib. After about an hour or so she finally fell asleep and had a nice long nap. When she woke up from her nap I went in to get her and to my complete shock...there stood my little girl totally naked from the waist down and absolutely COVERED in dry, crusty, sticky POOP!! I freaked out and yelled for Gerben, we set about scrubbing down Natalia and her bed. The poor kid had poop in her hair, all over her face, and on the bottom of her feet. It was so tough to get off because it had mostly dried. I scubbed and scrubbed. If you are counting this was bath number 3 for the day. I finally finished washing all the poop off of her and took her back to her room to get dressed again but she still stunk. It was discusting!!! So back to the tub we went for bath #4 with about 2 cups of bubble bath to help drown out the odour eminating from my " lil Stinker."

We always joke that Natalia is our little "shit disturber!" Now, she has truly lived up to that name.

I don't think I have ever been more grossed out in my life. It was aweful and yet all you could do was laugh about it and keep on scrubbin'. Thank God for Clorox wipes. I think I used about 20 of them to clean the poop off the spindles on her crib.

What a crazy, crazy day. And to add to this caos our washing machine is leaking and I HAVE to get the laundry down for our upcoming trip to Albert plus the wax seal on the toilet in the kids bathroom is gone and it's leaking too.

Phew! I am so glad this day is almost done.

1 comment:

Karen E. said...

Morning Vahl Family
Hope that everyone had a great night's sleep and no one HAD to have a bath this morning ;) Yes Shannon, there are those days. It might have been the first but won't likely be the last.
When do you leave for Alberta? Is the whole family going? If Natalia gets on a plane, you might not get her off! It will be such a short trip for Emma.
Enjoy today
Aunt Karen