Thursday, November 8, 2007

"I Hate Skating!"


"I hate skating! I want to sit on the bench with Mommy. I don't want to skate!" This was Emma's reaction after only 2 minutes on the ice on Sunday at the Cambridge Center. It turns out that they rent skates at the Cambridge Center so we figured it would be a great opportunity to try Emma on the ice. She was very willing to go but quickly changed her mind when Gerben got her out on the ice. I don't think she liked the lack of control that she had. There was tons of people on the ice so I am sure she found that overwhelming. I can't say that I am surprised because Emma never does well with new situations but I was a little surprised at how strong her reaction was. I don't know if we will get her back on the ice again this year. She really hated it.

On the other hand, I think if we had skates small enough for Natalia she would have been on the ice in a flash. It was all I could do to keep her off the ice and when Gerben picked her up and took her for a quick skate she loved it. It's really cool to see how different our two little girls are.

Please excuse the crappy photos. It was all I could get given the situation.

No comments: