Thursday, October 4, 2007

You know you're a redneck when...



You head to the county fair to watch a demolition derby!

Last night we took the girls to the Norfolk County Fair. We had a great time and of course spent way to much money. Man, those fairs are expensive. It's around $3.00 per person for each ride! The kids loved it. Natalia really enjoyed the merry-go-round and the french fries, while Emma's favourite ride was one that you lay on your tummy for. I have to admit that it was a fun ride. I quite enjoyed it. The kids each won 2 prizes. Emma one a ducky for Natalia and I am sure that it was the higlhight of her entire evening. My personal favourite has to be the jumbo ears aka. Beavertails. They are the best fair treat EVER!!. Is it bad when the parents don't want to share with the kids?

Just before we left we stopped to watch some of the demolition derby. It was really loud but the kids got quite a kick out of it. Emma thought it was funny that the cars kept running into each other. She didn't seem to understand why people would want to do that for fun. I have never seen a demolition derby before. I thought it was pretty cool too. I couldn't get over watching these cars that kept on moving even though their tires were at 45 degree angles.


No comments: