Sunday, October 28, 2007

Our Musical Genius



I couldn't believe my eyes! Yesturday Emma dragged this little piano in to her Daddy and I and began to play the entire Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star song. It was amazing because neither Gerben nor I taught her how to do this. In fact, on this tiny piano the notes for the start of the song are printed. Emma played that part and then finished the remainder of the song all by herself. It was so cool to see and she was so proud. I think we have a budding musician on our hands. Gerben and I giggled the entire time because we just couldn't believe what Emma had done. She has been practising on the piano for several days now but I never realized how good she had gotten. I think we know what to get this little girl for Christmas. Doesn't anyone know where I can get a good deal on a used piano?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's amazing that she learned this all by herself. She has a musical ear! What happened to the keyboard Gerben had.

Shannon said...

We have the keyboard and I think it would work fine for the beginning but Gerben really, really wants a real piano.

I definitely think she has a musical ear. She always has had a love for music.

Karen E. said...

Awesome Emma! I loved your concert! You can come and play on my piano anytime you want.

Shannon, we got our piano at Paul Noonan's antique store in Alma 27 years ago and it is an excellent piano (so the tuner tells me). I will watch in the papers here to see if one is advertised in the classifieds. I have some beginner books that Melanie and Davin used. It is not too early to start her with lessons. There is a programme that does a group lesson. It includes rhythm, singing and playing. My two didn't start at the very beginning since they were a little older. I think it was called Kinder Music. If you are interested I will check in the storage box for the books.

Aunt Karen