Thursday, October 25, 2007

Geez, it seems like time is flying by...

Wow, it seems like the days are zooming by. Nothing is getting done around here. I can't believe the weather we are having lately. One day it almost 30 degrees and the next day it's only 10. I think I am chronically cold on the cooler days. Both girls are in swimming lessons and doing great. They absolutely love spending time in the water and we try to get them over to the Gretzky Center as often as possible.

Gerben and I have been doing tons of exercising lately. It's a great activity for him and I to do together. We head to the basement almost every night after the girls are in bed and we either do some cardio exercises or we do some weight training. It's really nice to do something productive together. I have also been spending a few days a week at the Gretzky Center too. They have great fitness programs. I love taking their aquafit classes and lately I have discovered the low impact aerobics and beginner step classes. They are so much fun. Hopefully, with all the activity and the improvement in our diets I will continue to lose weight. Currently, I am down about 14 lbs from my start weight. It's so nice to be putting clothes onto the top shelf of my closet because they are too big and not too small.

Emma actually let me take some photos of her today. The one at the top of this post is my favourite. Hopefully, one of these days, I will learn to wash her face before I take pictures.

2 comments:

Amy Lightfoot said...

That is so great that you and Gerben are doing something together that is very healthy for the two of you.
Congrats on loosing the weight. You will find that your whole mood will change the more you loose.
The pictures of the girls are very nice as always.LOL

Karen E. said...

WAY TO GO Shannon! You inspire me. I need to get in that mode.
I have not had much time to visit your blog lately so you will see a lot of comments from me today. Retirement is to bring all kinds of empty time. Have not found much of it yet:( Give hugs to your munchkins for me please. Fabulous pictures and fabulous subjects. I don't see the dirty face!

Aunt Karen