Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sometimes a break is all you need!

Finally, after being cooped up with anywhere between 2 and 4 kids for the past week or more I got a break tonight. Kelly invited me out to a movie, with her and Barb, and boy was it nice. I don't think people realize just how tough it is looking after kids day after day. The constant fighting and yelling begins to wear on your nerves very quickly. Natalia is bad these days for hitting and of course Emma is really quick to tattle. It seems to be the never ending scenario around here and I have no idea what to do about it. It seems like the kids can play nicely for about 15 minutes and then someone gets mad and there is tears and yelling. I'm really not sure how I am going to survive the summer but I know that I am really looking forward to having Emma go to school all day every day next year. I only hope I can get Natalia potty trained so that she can start some sort of preschool program that will hopefully keep her busy. As much as Emma loved the quiet comfort of home at this age, I think it drives Natalia crazy. She needs to be running and playing. She needs more social interaction with other kids. She is definetly more high-energy than Emma. We will see what the fall will bring but the idea of sending her to daycare and going back to work is sounding very appealling.

1 comment:

Amy Lightfoot said...

She look so cute and the colours are so bright. It would be amazing to see all those kids up on stage dancing!
GOOD luck this week Emma, From your friends the Lightfoots