Wednesday, December 9, 2009

So what else have we been up to lately?

Seeing as it's been such a very, very long time since I've posted on here I decided to have a look back and see what else we have been up to lately.

In September, Gerben had a show to attend in Vancouver for work. When the time came we all made to trip with him and we jam packed a million activities into the week long trip. The first 5 days or so were dedicated to the show and so the girls and I got to do lots of lounging around the pool and touring the cool downtown area of Vancouver.

Part of the sight-seeing adventure in Vancounver included going to the Vancouver aquarium. In all honesty, it was much smaller than I expected but there was still lots and lots of cool things to see.




After the show was over, it was time to hit the road for a weekend of family time. The first item on the agenda was a tour of the Boeing Factory near Seattle. Emma and Gerben were taking the tour while Natalia and I stayed behind in the Museum part. Natalia wasn't big enough to take the tour. I know that Emma and Gerben really enjoyed the tour and we got several goodies to take home with us at the boeing store.

The next part of our weekend involved driving farther into Washington to take Emma to see Mount St. Helens. Anyone who know's Emma, know's she has a passion for volcano's and has for years. This was our opportunity to take her to see the destruction of one first hand. It was incredible. I couldn't believe how much damage you could still see. It was a powerful site. Definetly worth the drive down to see it.






The last leg of our trip took us back through Seattle while heading towards Vancouver for our flight home. We had some extra time so we made an extra stop at the Seattle Space Needle. It was ok. Way smaller than the CN tower but basically the same idea. I think the kids preferred the small amusement park below it more that the Space Needle itself. But I can't say I expected it to be any different.




So keep checking back here and maybe I will add a few more updates. I'm going to try.

No comments: