Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy 60th Anniversary!

Today we were off to Fergus to visit family and help to celebrate my Grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. Congratulations Gramma and Grandpa we love you both! You are a huge inspiration to everyone in our family.



To celebrate this huge milestone, our family held an open house in Fergus. The venue was packed! There was so many people that came out to congratulate my grandparents. It was fantastic!

I captured a few pictures of my neice and nephews while I was there. They are such cuties and I really wish we got to see them more often. I think it's time I scheduled a pool party and invite them over.





After the open house we all headed to Elmira for dinner. The kids needed to wear off some energy so we decided to stop at a park on the way. Gerben decided to follow the route the gps wanted us to go instead of the way I would have went and it totally worked in my favour. We got to stop at the super cool "Kissing Bridge" in West Montrose. It's been a long time since I have been there and it's just as pretty as I remembered it.



The last stop, of course, was the park. The kids were thrilled to get to run around for a bit and I was thrilled to have a pretty little spot to take a few pictures. Gerben and Emma even let me capture a few shots of them.






Awe, it's so nice to capture some beautiful shots and edit them to the super saturated feel that I love so much.

Tomorrow it's off to Canada's Wonderland. I am going to leave my dSLR at home and just take my point and shoot. Wish me luck! I am sure I am going to kick myself for doing that but I really don't want to deal with the worry and weight of carrying around my dSLR.

2 comments:

lifeislikeasmile said...

Hey I love all the new pictures, they are so fabulous. I think that your flower photos are amazing! With all the great details and so sharp, it is a macro for certain.
The picture inside the train is beautiful and the color is perfect. I might be a bit jealous (:Oo)
Also like the one you took of the old truck, classic look. Peter and Mary looked so great. I think they both had a good time.
Thanks for sharing Shannon
Jay

Karen E. said...

Another set of great pictures. Good one of Grandma and Grandpa. I agree with Jason. The covered bridge one is awesome too. So are the ones of your family!