Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's been a busy summer so far


I cannot believe that we are creeping up on the last week of July so soon. It's not going to be long and Emma will be back at school. Last week, Emma went to a paint and play day camp. She had a blast. They did some cool paint projects in the morning and then went to a gym and a bakery on the afternoons. Emma was just beaming each day when I picked her up. She told me that she wishes she could go everyday. Unfortunetly, she did miss one day because she was quite sick and fevered. She seems to have perked up now which is good.

On Saturday, Amy and her family came for a swim and a BBQ. Everyone had a great time. The pool was a balmy 27 degrees so we all stayed in for a long, long time. I cannot believe how much the solar blanket helps with warming the pool and keeping it that way. I will post some photos at the bottom of this post.

On Friday, Gerben and Emma are taking off on the long drive to North Carolina to pick up Aunt Jessica for a week. Emma is so excited. I think she has Jess' week totally planned out. I hope Jess is good at mini-golf 'cause Emma plans on taking her.


1 comment:

JessicaVahl said...

Lucky for Emma, I love mini-golf. Whether I am any good, we'll see next week.