Saturday, August 1, 2009

Coupon Crazy!!

Ok, so after I had my kids I was a bit of a coupon crazy mom. I refused to pay full price on things like diapers or wipes because you can ALWAYS find coupons. Well I had kind of fallen out of that scheme until I saw a website on the news. It's called Smart Canucks. It's AMAZING!! I can't believe how much of an idiot I have been. I didn't realize just how much money I could save doing this. I have saved a ton this week alone thanks to smart canucks pointing me in the direction of great coupons and great sales any ways to combine them.

For example, this week I saved 59.18 just for using coupons. I had a 25% off my entire purchase at Old Navy including sale items. That saved me $32.38 on Emma's back to school clothes. Plus another $6.00 off $26.00 at Zellers. This could get very addicting very quickly.

The funniest part was seeing my excitement when the smart source coupon clipper showed up in the mail today. Now I am off to figure out the best way to organize all my coupons and what to do with the saved money.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Shannon, thanks for the link to the site...I had forgotten all about it in recent months, need to check it out more often!

We are coupon clippers too :) You have to be with little ones. We store ours in a coupon thingy we got from Wal-Mart. It's got dividers and is small enough to carry around if you wanted.

I LOVE Old Navy for always having sales and for giving out those survey's to get 15% off! And allowing you to use that 15% off with their existing sales!! I am going to miss living within walking distance of one!! But maybe that's a good thing...I tend to buy clothes for the girls when they really don't need them :)

BTW, love your new header! Beautiful!